If you’ve been a regular reader of our Linens by the Sea blog, you may have noticed that we write a lot about weddings, so much so in fact, you might think that this is the only type of party that we work with. But as a matter of fact, we do so much more! There are zillions of parties and special occasions we help our clients celebrate throughout each and every year with stunning fabrics found in our linen collections. Below are a few clever ideas for many distinctive affairs.
This fancy fabric below is our Linen Director’s favorite linen this fall. She thinks it looks AMAZING as an overly on EVERYTHING! It reminds us of the always popular mercury glass. What's totally cool is that it can go either modern or vintage in its look.
1. Birthdays: We love birthdays! Certain birthdays stand out as milestones along the paths of our lives. Whether it’s a 40th, 50th or even 100th birthday, many folks take the date to do something really special or something out of the ordinary – maybe even particularly challenging or life-affirming. What drives people to mark these occasions in a remarkable way? What will you do on your next milestone birthday? We think the below are a couple of terrific celebratory birthday linens for your next birthday party whether it’s a milestone or not! We adore it!
Passion Fruit Circles: Super neat how it’s reversible!
2. Anniversaries: These celebrations are a fabulous way to honor your marriage keeping the two of you in love throughout the years. It’s a great tradition that there are “traditional” gifts to give for each year of a marriage on the anniversary date. Most know the Silver Wedding Anniversary is the 25th Anniversary and that the 50th is considered the Golden Anniversary, but are you aware the 40th is the Ruby, or the 45th is Emerald?
Our new and impressive Taffeta line of linens help create the colors marking all of these important moments such as these below:
The 25th, Silver
The 40th, Ruby
The 45th, Emerald
The 50th, Gold
Send us your photo of our Taffeta linens at your next party, and we’ll post it on Facebook!
3. Holidays: From July 4th Independence Day to Thanksgiving or from New Year’s Celebration to Halloween, holidays are a terrific excuse to party! These are just a few ideas from past holidays you might find inspiring.
Happy New Year!
4. Graduations: Whether it’s high school or college, nothing says “Happy Graduation” better than utilizing linens in the color of your school. Check these styles out!
Maroon and white! Go! Fight! Win! Pictured below: Crinkle White cloths and Shimmer Crease Burgundy napkins
5. Girls Night (or Day) Out! What more fun than spending time with the girls? For fresh and funky looks, try some of these styles at your next frilly function with the gals you like to hang out with the most. No kids invited!
Sundance: This look is so cool that the linen ended up on the cover of Cooks Sarasota.
We just love this photo of our Lamour Lilac and Fantasia Purple runners at a table shaded with an umbrella! Cute!
What gals group doesn’t love sparkle and shine?
6. Showers: Both baby showers and bridal showers are an adorable way to add pop to a party! Just last week, we assisted a client in picking out a Kate Spade themed bridal shower luncheon mixing bright fuchsia with black and white stripe runners. Of course, we’re adding a little bling, too, with our amazing helix sequins overlay in fuchsia only covering the bride’s table. So fab! This is the “bling” or in other words, Helix Fuchsia:
Showers sometimes can be a way to turn simplistic linens into fundamentally understated yet elegant designs to celebrate the upcoming affair. For example, check out our Solid Beige linen at this baby shower using natural beach inspired elements as décor. At this party, nobody knew if was to be a girl or a boy – what a fun surprise to share! (As a matter of fact, it did turn out to be a boy.)
7. Summer Barbeques: We think BBQs are the very best way to have fun in the sun before the chilly autumn nights arrive! What could be better than our picnic checks? Available in bright red, maize yellow and royal blue, you simply can’t go wrong with this classic look at your next grill out or hamburger cook out. Quick question: Our favorite barbeque style is North Carolina, so what’s yours?
Red check linens at an outdoor festivity.
We think this neutral look of this picnic BBQ on the beach is also a
lovely twist using once again our Solid Beige:
If you have photos of other occasions you have celebrated this year with our linens, we’d love to hear from you! Everyone loves to be inspired by your ideas and designs as well as by a few of ours.