Hipster weddings, sometimes known as green weddings or boho chic weddings are really cool and super trendy! Actually, they have been on trend for a few years now, but they are definitely becoming more and more popular. Here at Linens by the Sea, we love them because they utilize the latest technology in amazing ways and make sure they are aware of the following:
1) Honoring traditions of the past with a new twist. Some current examples include:
a. Retro cars as opposed to a modern day party bus or commonly seen limousines.
b. Vintage furniture for wedding benches, place card tables as 1940’s dressers and more cool stuff...check out this groovy 1960’s VW as decoration at this wedding’s entrance. So fun!
Volkswagen van at the Sandbar on Anna Maria Island, FL
c. Attention to details like dream catchers, mason jars, chalkboards and antique mercury glass.
Daisies and dream catcher décor – so hip!
2) Making sure that they are environmentally conscious. We agree this is a great thing to be, and we strive to be this way each and every day here at Linens by the Sea. While we are continuously looking towards the latest fashion trends, we also deeply understand the importance of being eco-friendly in our care of linens. We do everything in our power to be green and to continuously achieve environmentally sustainable best practices.
3) Use of videos, wedding websites and social media expertly! This especially helps those who might not be able to afford a plane ticket, those that might not be able to travel for some reason or another (one of the most common we hear about are relatives stationed in the military far from home) or those who wish to reduce their carbon footprint with the use of jet or fossil fuel. It’s so awesome that a video live feed can even be shared with those you love on your very special day so they don't miss any of the action!
We also often see brides and grooms throwing a Hipster Wedding but sometimes they don't even realize it. Below are the ten ways you can tell:
1. You love, love, love mismatched bridesmaid dresses.
2. References to Harry Potter or other pop culture books, movies and video games.
3. Your vintage pearl, opal, ruby or emerald engagement ring is the best! No diamonds for sure.
4. Music with a folksy beat…you can think of Mumford and Sons or the latest Subaru commercial.
5. One of two kinds of a trendy food station or hipster food truck: gourmet sliders or taco bar – yum!
6. Gluten-free anybody?
7. Your must have wedding dress as either A) vintage or B) found on Etsy (etsy.com)
8. You’re marrying a guy with rolled up pants and a bowtie. Sometimes wearing super cool vintage shoes or maybe no shoes at all.
Vintage snake skin shoes
9. Burlap, Lace AND/OR Glitter linens - the more, the merrier!!
Recent Linens by the Sea hipster weddings showcasing Burlap and Lace
10. Out of the ordinary venue – like an unconventional museum, your favorite record shop or a funky warehouse
11. Whoops! We actually have #11 – throw out the cake! These affairs celebrate not only the union of the two getting hitched but also their tastes in desserts. The sky’s the limit in terms of the treats at the end of the night. Most popular now are pie pops, powdered doughnuts and gourmet gelato stands. Yum!
In conclusion, Linens by the Sea loves hipster weddings because they are always setting new style trends and paving the way for more exceptionally amazing weddings in the future. Congratulations all you hipster brides and grooms! Keep being creative! We hope to feature more of your ideas on future blog posts.
Recent hipster warehouse wedding
Wait, there’s more! We are excited to mention that on a completely different note, for the past two years we have shared the Pantone Color of the Year with you all on one of our December blogs. This year, once again, we are pleased to share with you the 2016 Pantone Color of the Year! Well, actually, we are pleased to state the TWO 2016 Pantone Colors of the Year! Yes, for the first time, there are not one, but TWO hues to adore. This is totally unprecedented, but exceptionally cool. These are the tones: Rose Quartz (similar to baby pink) & Serenity (similar to baby blue). We hope these two pleasant colors inspire your upcoming weddings, fundraisers or other festivities! Two good examples of them are in our lamour linens: Lamour Pink and Lamour Blue. See these colors below and get inspired!
Lamour Blue Lamour Pink